15th Annual Festival, February 2 & 3, 2018, in Littleton, CO
Our 2017 Festival
was great fun.
We look forward
to seeing you
at our 15th Festival,
February 2 & 3, 2018!
Festival attendees: Please fill out an Evaluation form. Thanks!
Introduction to the Festival
The annual Colorado Dulcimer Festival, held on the first weekend in February, provides an opportunity for players of both Hammered and Mountain Dulcimers (and more!) to gather, learn, listen, jam, and share a magical musical experience in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The Festival provides:
- Workshops and Jams—geared to all levels of players, from Absolute Beginner to Advanced, all in a friendly and fun atmosphere. This year we are planning a Children’s Mountain Dulcimer Workshop.
- Featured performers and instructors—two Guest Artists to teach and perform, one specializing in Hammered Dulcimer and one for Mountain Dulcimer, as well as our local performers and instructors, including Karen Alley, Bonnie Carol, Tina Gugeler, Malacha Hall, Dianne Jeffries, and Judy Jones. We are pleased to welcome back Steve Eulburg the founder of the Festival and an “honorary Coloradan”. Also we welcome back “honorary Coloradan” Erin Mae
- Evening concerts—by Guest Artists and local performers on both Festival days
- Special orchestra performance—a performance by the Colorado Dulcimer Orchestra
- Additional activities—like our “Band Scramble” and again for 2017, we’ll have a dance band to play for the dance on Saturday.
- On-site meals—lunch and/or dinner, if desired, or eat at a variety of local restaurants
- Merchandise for sale—Festival logo items (mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, water bottles) and, depending on participating vendors, instruction and sheet music books, dulcimer accessories, and sometimes even dulcimers for sale. This year we will have a new feature – Swap Table
- Optional—Special pre-Festival classes with our Guest Artists (for additional fee paid directly to the Guest Artists)
Even though we keep “oldies but goodies” like our Jam Sessions, we seek to provide a unique experience each year. For example, in 2013 we introduced the “Band Scramble.” So expect some things to be different yet again this year, too!
To ensure a smooth Festival experience for you, our talented and dedicated Festival Crew works creatively and energetically to plan, host, and stage the Festival. Crew members are always available to answer questions and provide guidance—from help tuning your dulcimer to steering you to the right classroom for your workshop.
We look forward to having you come and enjoy the sweet music with us!
(For answers to frequently asked questions about the Festival, please see Festival At-a-Glance.)
You can be involved, too! We all know it takes many hands to complete the work and many more to lighten the load. Want to help? Send us a Contact email.
One of our Festival Jams—with all kinds of instruments! . . .
(Click on photo to enlarge.)