Looking forward to 2015!
for 2014 photos
and videos to be
posted here soon.)
Introduction to the Festival
The annual Colorado Dulcimer Festival, held on the first weekend in February, provides an opportunity for players of both Hammered and Mountain Dulcimers to gather, learn, listen, jam, and share a magical musical experience in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The Festival provides:
- Workshops and Jams—geared to all levels of players, from Absolute Beginner to Advanced, all in a friendly and fun atmosphere
- Featured performers and instructors—two out-of-state headliners to teach and perform, one specializing in Hammered Dulcimer and one for Mountain Dulcimer, as well as our local performers and instructors, including Steve Eulberg, Bonnie Carol, and Tina Gugeler
- Evening concerts—by headliners and local performers on both Festival days
- Special orchestra performance—a performance by the Colorado Dulcimer Orchestra
- Additional activities—like our “Band Scramble”
- On-site meals—lunch and/or dinner, if desired, or eat at a variety of local restaurants
- Merchandise for sale—including instruction and sheet music books, dulcimer accessories, and sometimes even dulcimers for sale
- Optional—Master Classes with our headliners (for additional fee paid directly to the headliners)
We seek to provide a unique experience each year. For example, in 2013 we introduced the “Band Scramble.” For 2014, we’ll keep “oldie but goodies” like our Jam Sessions. But expect some things to be different yet again!
You can pre-register (and get special pricing!) now by clicking on the green Register Now button in the right sidebar on any page of the website. Consider also reserving your lodging at limited discounted prices (see Lodging for discount cut-off dates).
To ensure a smooth Festival experience for you, our talented and dedicated Festival Crew works creatively and energetically to plan, host, and stage the Festival. Crew members are always available to answer questions and provide guidance—from help tuning your dulcimer to steering you to the right classroom for your workshop. You can be involved, too! We all know it takes many hands to complete the work and many more to lighten the load. Want to help? Send us a Contact email.
We look forward to having you come and enjoy the sweet music with us!
(For answers to frequently asked questions about the Festival, please see Festival At-a-Glance.)