17th Annual Festival, February 7 & 8, 2020, in Littleton, CO
The Festival includes
workshops for all levels,
concerts, jam sessions,
dancing and more!
Hammered Dulcimer Artists:
Tina Bergmann, Tina Gugeler, Stephen Humphries, Judy Jones, Kendra Tunnicliff, Randy Zombola
Mountain Dulcimer Artists:
Sam Edelston, Bob Elieson, Steve Eulberg, Dianne Jeffries, Erin Mae, Butch Ross
Additional Instrument Artists:
Tina Gugeler – Bodhran, Sam Edelston – Guitar, Steve Eulberg – Song Writing, Butch Ross – Ukulele
Introduction to the Festival
The annual Colorado Dulcimer Festival, held on the first weekend in February, provides an opportunity for players of both Hammered and Mountain Dulcimers (and more!) to gather, learn, listen, jam, and share a magical musical experience in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The Festival provides:
- Workshops and Jams—geared to all levels of players, from Absolute Beginner to Advanced, all in a friendly and fun atmosphere.
- Featured performers and instructors—
- Guest Artists to teach and perform, specializing in Hammered Dulcimer, Mountain Dulcimer and various other instruments.
- A big Thanks to Donna & John Hammer for hosting some of our out-of-state guest artists!
- Vendors—A number of vendors will be on hand. Check back soon for more details.
- Evening concerts—by Guest Artists and local performers on both Festival days
- Special orchestra performance—a performance by the Colorado Dulcimer Orchestra
- Additional activities—bring your voice for Friday’s Song Circle—then on Saturday we’ll have a Dance Band where you can play in the band or dance to some fun tunes.
- On-site meals—lunch and/or dinner, if desired, or eat at a variety of local restaurants
- Merchandise for sale—Festival logo items (mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, water bottles) and, depending on participating vendors, instruction and sheet music books, dulcimer accessories, and sometimes even dulcimers for sale. Again this year we will have a Swap Table.
- Optional—Special pre-Festival classes with our Guest Artists (for additional fee paid directly to the Guest Artists).
To ensure a smooth Festival experience for you, our talented and dedicated Festival Crew works creatively and energetically to plan, host, and stage the Festival. Crew members are always available to answer questions and provide guidance—from help tuning your dulcimer to steering you to the right classroom for your workshop.
We look forward to having you come and enjoy the sweet music with us!
(For answers to frequently asked questions about the Festival, please see Festival At-a-Glance.)
You can be involved, too! We all know it takes many hands to complete the work and many more to lighten the load. Want to help? Send us a Contact email.
One of our Festival Jams—with all kinds of instruments! . . .
(Click on photo to enlarge.)